5/30/2012

How can I help my depressed brother who doesn't want to take medications?


Question by JDH: How can I help my depressed brother who doesn't want to take medications?
After losing his house, relationship and going through a heart attack scare, for the past year my brother has been severely depressed , sluggish(sleeps 12 hrs a night) spacey, extremely anxious and seems incapable of making decisions.
Blood tests have shown him to have low thyroid levels,low cortisol and low serotonin levels also, but he balks at taking an antidepressant or other medications. It seems clear to me what he needs to do but he seems to lack motivation to follow any consistant plan of action.so nothing is happening .
He constantly complains how rotten he feels but resists my efforts to set up appointments or get him into treatment. He thinks he should go off and live at a yoga commune where he'll get regular meals an not have any responsibilities to stress him out. I respect yoga but I don't think he'll be getting the treatment there that he needs.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best answer:
put it in coffee

"

Article



"

©




Orignal From: How can I help my depressed brother who doesn't want to take medications?

No comments:

Post a Comment