5/25/2012

Where can I find a really good yoga studio/class in Southern California?

yoga now
by milele

Question by JenniFire: Where can I find a really good yoga studio/class in Southern California?
I actually live in San Bernardino County, but I'm willing to travel to L.A. and Orange County too. I am looking for somewhere relatively inexpensive, but if you know of a good place that's a little pricey that's okay too. Also, is there a specific instructor you would recommend? I have been practicing yoga for 8 months now, but my instructor is going to be moving soon.

Thanks! =)

Best answer:
the question is where can you not find a good yoga studio/class in SC. they are everywhere, vary in price, and majority good. if you go there and they are packed all the time, i think it's safe to say you've found a nugget.

really, if you've been practicing for almost a year, you should have it down pretty good and can do it at home.

Yoga Maintenance to Lower Stress Levels

Article by Yoga Born



Yoga Maintenance to Lower Stress Levels - Health - Wellness












Search by Author, Title or Content



Article ContentAuthor NameArticle Title









Home
Submit Articles
Author Guidelines
Publisher Guidelines
Content Feeds
RSS Feeds
FAQ
Contact Us

































refuge was divine…over some time

I was side swiped last week. Not in a physical manner as you might imagine.

I was baited into a conversation by someone I believed was a friend. Without any warning of the accusations that would be dumped on me I felt very threatened and unsafe.

Customarily I would have become physically numb, emotionally overwhelmed and energetically launched like a shiny pinball in a machine.

However as I would later reflect this was the point that the success of my 'work' revealed itself…I paused and allowed myself to become sensitive, feel, listen and breathe. I remained steady and spoke with my most authentic voice and walked away feeling like I had quite eloquently survived a battle. Little did I know that this interaction was just the beginning of more internal work to be done.

Day one I felt attacked and guiltyDay two I felt shell shocked and powerlessDay three I was enragedDay four I felt overwhelmedDay five I felt irritatedDay six I was absolutely exhaustedDay seven I nurtured optimism

As the snow fell in Connecticut during these seven days I knew the brazen conversation was an awakening. Up until now my life had been spent being dumped on by others and my critical self. The snow piled up and I turned my attention to the layers of 'compost' inside me.

Relationships evolve and I think many of us have experienced noticeable shifts with people who may not like the changes that yoga has brought into your lives. This can create friction in relationships and be frightening to people that have known us to be certain way(s).

The work we do on the mat prepares us in a variety of ways for the churning on life. The work I am focusing on right now is my new armor for the battlefield of life. My old armor felt very heavy and eclipsed my passions I feel more confident in my new armor, it feels weightless. I feel naked yet totally protected.

Through our practice of yoga we become stronger to handle relationships and most importantly the relationship with ourselves. It's vital that we remember that nothing is more important than us feeling wonderful while we live as fully as we can.

For added support I made contact with my trusted advisers; my dear friends and my loving family. I made time to visit with the healers that I've benefited from over the years. I received body work, I did my "maintenance yoga" and I meditated. I was totally determined, "I am done giving up my power that allows me to feel small and unworthy".

my "maintenance yoga"childs posetablelow lunge (each side)standing forward foldlow lunge with twist (each side)standing forward foldside stretch with gentle twisting

Making a comfortable seat I turn my focus on my easy natural breath as I sit. I chant and pause. When an emotion sparks inside me I direct my full attention to it stating, "dear one I am here for you, I am here for you". I repeat this over and over until I am soothed.

I need to connect to the earth in a serious way, to stand as steadily as possible and fiercely with love for my life remembering and envisioning my dreams.

I went deep and felt what was at my core. As much as my old habits would have me running for the hills I stayed to be the witness to the epic immersion. I needed the great pause that yoga has taught me and challenged me to hone. I had to not react with emotions but rather deep wisdom. Understanding that there are ways to respond that might temporarily feel satisfying however I know using my authentic tools is best overall.

Yoga calls us out of some dark corners inside ourselves drawing us towards the brilliance of our hearts to come out and play. We pause and look around at the panoramic view and remind each other that now more than ever the world needs us to shine brightly with our passions. Turning inward we find inspiration from our breath using yoga poses to bring intelligence to the surface and with great discernment we stand tall using our gifts to bring joy into the world.

We dream to be living and sharing our gifts with the world and together we'll live our dreams.

About the Author

Dawn Greenfield is Founder of Yoga Born: Delivering Yoga Services in homes. A yoga teacher dedicated to leading yoga students of all physical abilities. Dawn has over 7,000 hours working and training in yoga and has taught over 8,000 people yoga since 2005. Dawn has more than 500 hours experience working with Traumatic Brain Injury survivors. With a GROWING specialty in Yoga for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Dawn values you ! With open-hearted compassion, helps you become skilled in the physical practice of yoga, offers gentle and relevant assists, is respectful and caring and is well versed in building a sense of community.Through her workshops, classes, and one on one, Dawn shows her students how to experience freedom inside and out to create an abundant life they LOVE.












Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author's information and copyright must be included.





Yoga Born









RSS Feed





Report Article





Publish Article





Print Article





Add to Favorites











Article Directory
About
FAQ
Contact Us
Advanced Search
Privacy Statement
Disclaimer

GoArticles.com © 2012, All Rights Reserved.










Orignal From: Where can I find a really good yoga studio/class in Southern California?

No comments:

Post a Comment